You may not be thinking about visiting the best hotels in Las Vegas now because of COVID-19 fears. The pandemic has forced everybody indoors to reduce chances of contracting it. However, life would eventually have to move on. When that time comes, you should be aware of the best hotels to spend your money in to celebrate either the new normal or a return to normalcy.
Fortunately, Las Vegas is full of remarkable hotels that provide excellent value for money, as you would see in this article. One of the best and a definite must-visit hotel is the Golden Nugget Las Vegas. Do you want to know what makes it special? Well, this review should provide all the highlights that make it a topnotch establishment.
Selection of Rooms and Suites
First, the facility offers a wide selection of rooms and suites, which you can access via its famous four towers; namely, the Spa Tower, the Gold Tower, the Carson Tower, and the Rush Tower. The newest of the lot, which also happens to be the most luxurious, is the Rush Tower, which opened its doors to clients in 2009.
Its large rooms provide stunning views of amazing attractions such as the strip, the pool below, and the majestic Spring Mountains. Nevertheless, the Gold Tower is the perfect selection for guests who want to feel part of the action all the time. More importantly, the location of the Gold Tower is just off the floor of the casino is a stroke of genius, so hats off to the planners for this!
The range of suites includes:
- One Bedroom Parlor Suites at the Gold Tower, which is renowned for the VIP check-in services and goes for $220 a night
- One bedroom Spa Suites at the mercurial Spa Tower, which measures roughly 1,200sq ft. each and goes for a minimum of $500 per night
- Deluxe Rooms at Carson Tower are attractive for the marble bathrooms, individual vanity areas, and low rates that start from $40 a night
- Deluxe Rooms at Gold Tower are standard rooms, modernized, and offer fast access to the casino while costing $70 each night, but you should expect to pay more if your room offers pool view
- Deluxe Rooms at the extremely popular Rush Tower feature all luxury amenities associated with the best hotels in Las Vegas and the rates start from $80 each night
- Junior Corner Suites are available at the Rush Tower at a rate of $100 each night and provide stunning view of the area
- Gold Club Suites, which are at Rush Tower too with nightly rates that could be as low as $120, are popular for their leather sofas, marble vanities, oversized bathtubs, and luxury bedding among others
- Gold Club Suites, which you can access on Gold Tower’s 16th and 17th floors, are comfortable state-of-the-art suites similar to the ones at Rush Tower though slightly smaller
Options of Restaurants at the Golden Nugget
The restaurants at the Golden Nugget Las Vegas are quite regal too. Here, options include:
- Vic & Anthony’s, which is ranked in the list of the Top 10 Steakhouses in the United States, opens daily from 5pm to 11pm
- Chart House, which specializes in seafood and steak, features a humongous 75,000 gallon aquarium, serves food from 11.30am daily
- Grotto serves those who crave Italian food and has a cozy interior that make it perfect for groupies or couples interested in eating out
- Lillies Asian Cuisine prepares a wide-range of delicious Asian cuisine that would make you keep going back for more, especially now that it is open daily between 5pm and midnight
- Red Sushi
- Cadillac Mexican Kitchen and Tequilla Bar
- Claim Jumper
- The Grille
Amenities and Fun Things to Do
Golden Nugget Las Vegas also stands out for the range of amenities on offer. For example, pool lovers would love swimming in waters that are heated throughout the year. In addition to that, the waterslide, shark tank, bar, private poolside cabanas, and hot tub ensure that you have the time of your life while kicking boredom.
When you get tired of the pool or feel the urge for something different, the spa and salon at the hotel would provide a nice welcome from the stresses of life. As for shopping, the hotel has more topnotch stores than you would probably find in your neighborhood. Therefore, move out confidently to the surrounding stores to buy anything that you need from:
- Jewelry at the d’Oro, a store located right inside the Rush Tower
- Clothes, shoes, and accessories at Nineteen Forty-Six, a store you would find at the stately Rush Tower
- Men’s and women’s clothes at Style + Trend
- All manner of chocolate gifts at The Chocolate Box
Fast Facts about the Golden Nugget Las Vegas
- Its grand opening was on August 30, 1946
- Has received the AAA Four Diamond Award consistently since 1977, which is the longest streak in the history of hotels in Nevada
- It has four towers, with the newest being the Rush Tower
- It has 2,419 rooms ranging from 1-2 bedroom suites to luxury apartments, and penthouse suites
- Set aside 45,000sq feet of space as casino/gaming area
- Features thousands of slots and video poker machines
- Intimate 600-seat showroom full of headliner entertainers as well as nightly entertainment
- Landry’s Inc. owns and operates Golden Nugget Las Vegas
- Has been featured in multiple movies that include Viva Las Vegas (Elvis Presley), Diamonds are Forever (James Bond film of 1971), Vegas Vacation (a Chevy Chase comedy movie), Smokin Aces (2006), Next (2007), and The Grand (a 2008 poker mockumentary)
- RUSH Lounge provides exceptional ultra-lounge experience
Our Final Thoughts
Are you ready for the time of your life? In that case, you should check if there is vacancy at the Golden Nugget Las Vegas for all your post-COVID-19 celebrations. It is beautiful to note that its rooms are priced differently to cater for the rich and the not-so-rich-clients. The next time you are in Las Vegas, you should prioritize visiting or staying at this grand hotel.
With a history running close to 80 years, the hotel is designed for the men and women who know what they want in life. It is also full of diverse attractions and amenities that satisfy your need for adventure. Boredom would never strike you during the day or at night because of the range of things to do available at the Golden Nugget Last Vegas!
- Website: https://www.goldennugget.com/las-vegas/
- Phone: (702) 385-7111
- Address: 129 East Fremont St, Las Vegas, NV 89101