If you are taking the journey to visit somewhere as special as Las Vegas you will not want to dampen the experience by settling for anything less than spectacular. The place you choose to stay should be no exception. This resort city is internationally renowned as The Entertainment Capital of the World and sets the standards for gambling, shopping, fine dining and nightlife.
The Medieval themed hotel and casino Excalibur Las Vegas, named after King Arthur’s mythical sword, is no exclusion when it comes to exceeding expectations. This MGM resort and casino is situated in an ideal centralized location on the Las Vegas Strip at the Tropicana – Las Vegas Boulevard intersection and connected to the New York-New York and Tropicana Casinos by overhead pedestrian bridges. A free tram also connects Excalibur to Mandalay Bay and Luxor which are its sister MGM properties.
Along with its convenient location, this hotel will leave you impressed with comfort and value as it also gains its 3.5+ stars for cleanness and customer service. Couples in particular seem to prefer the location although it was designed to be family friendly with a children’s play area and game room, a carnival-themed arcade called Fun Dungeon, waterslides and available cots.
Aside from not allowing pets in your room, you will be challenged to find reasons not to consider a stay at Excalibur. The rewards program, M life Rewards, provides members with rewards for all the dollars spent on the hotel, entertainment, dining, gaming, and spa.
History of the Excalibur Las Vegas Hotel
The extent of planning and construction that goes into building the swank structures on The Strip is immense. Many proposed projects get rejected or run into obstacles along the way and never get completed. The Xanadu Resort is one of many to make the list of those that never even had the chance to start construction.
It was proposed as an Asian-tropical themed resort in 1975, but development was halted after the inability to secure plans for the sewer infrastructure. Luckily for Excalibur, this 70 acre property was the perfect spot for Vegas’ seventh-largest hotel.
MGM purchased the Excalibur in 2005 after it was running successfully under Circus Circus Enterprises since June 19, 1990. Although much of the original themed décor has been removed and replaced with more modern elements, some interior murals, the castle-style facade and wizard type figure remain to represent the initial theme. Contemporary furniture and room technologies such as flat-screen plasma TVs have been updated in the rooms to provide the comforts modern living.
All About The Casino
The gaming area at Excalibur reaches 100,000 square feet and includes table games and over 1,200 slot machines. There is an action-packed poker room, full-service race & sports book and live keno.
The stand-out friendliness and patience of the dealers and other staff at Excalibur Las Vegas is often observed. Free poker lessons are offered for newbys looking to join in on some Texas Hold’em fun.
Four daily tournaments are held 7 days a week. A $40 buy-in gets you 5,000 starting chips with 25/50 starting blinds – increasing every 15 minutes. You do not need to participate in a tournament to join in on the fun of limit or no limit playing options.
Play the hottest new games or enjoy the classics when it comes to slot machines for fun and fortune. You will not feel deprived of slot game options with over 1,200 machines to choose from.
The Rooms and Suites of the Excalibur Las Vegas Hotel
There are 4,032 available with your choice of city or mountain views and you can even have non-smoking and hypoallergenic spaces reserved. Suites feature air conditioning, a phone, room service, private bathrooms with an iron, hair dryer, walk-in shower and complimentary toiletries.
There are multiple suite types to select from, all with a king-size or two queen-size beds. The Royal, which is the largest option has two bedrooms, its own wet bar and deep soaking tub. The smallest of rooms is still plenty spacious with the comforts you’d expect from a high-end Vegas hotel.
Aside from the rooms and casino, you can enjoy quality food from several restaurants and bar/lounges, fun in the sun among multiple outdoor pools, and stay in shape in the fitness center. Convenience is in mind with a parking garage with free self-park options. Nightlife and entertainment choices are not lacking either.
You will feel you’ve arrived at your own slice of paradise when walking the grounds which have been meticulously manicured as a lush tropical landscape. Four pools including an adult-only pool, water slide, poolside cabanas are spread over the property and include 30,000 sq. ft. of deck space for lounging. Enjoy some casual poolside dining at the Drenched Bar & Grill just steps from the pool.
Six on-site restaurants/bar/lounges ensure you never go hungry any time of day or night. From international fresh finding at The Buffet restaurant to high-quality cuts of meat and seafood at the Camelot Steakhouse, you will have no problem finding food to match your mood. Indulge in authentic family-style Italian at Buca di Beppo, feel-good American at Johnny Rockets or Dick’s Last Resort, or invigorating Mexican at Baha Fresh Mexican Grill.
If you are planning a memorable event you will find just the space you need at the Excalibur. Create the perfect setup at any of the onsite venues like the business center for hosting large business gatherings like meetings, trade shows, conferences or corporate events.
Host unique and extravagant private special events all attendees will enjoy and remember. Excalibur Las Vegas provides the optimal destination to fit your wedding fantasy with its gorgeous grounds and the Banquet room. Regardless of the event type, options are near limitless, especially when taking advantage of assistance from MGM Resorts’ Events and Production Groups and dedicated professional Wedding Planners.
Get pampered like a Prince or Princess at The Spa and Fitness Center at Excalibur. Enjoy a workout overlooking the pool or choose from a variety of facials, massages, body wraps amongst a menu of other special treatments.
Nightlife and Entertainment
The Lounge at Excalibur features live music and karaoke night on Thursdays. Enjoy fresh local food and drinks and the ultimate in live entertainment when attending any of the three shows that permanently find their home at Excalibur Las Vegas.
- Thunder from Down Under has been entertaining guests at Excalibur since July of 2001 and is recognized as one of the best all-male revue strip show in all of Vegas. Turn your wildest fantasies to reality any night of the week in this interactive experience of seductive dance routines by chiseled bodies filled with charm and humor.
- The Australian Bee Gees Show is a tribute to one of the most successful and adored acts in musical history, the Bee Gees. Divulge in the beats of legendary disco and rock for a memorable musical night.
- Tournament of Kings is a medieval-themed dinner show featuring a jousting tournament. Enjoy a medieval feast served by a serf or wench while you watch 12 breeds of horses and 32 cast members from King Arthur’s Arena – an impressive 925-seat amphitheater.
Fast Facts About Excalibur Las Vegas
- 3,981 rooms with non-smoking and hypoallergenic options available
- Pool area with 4 pools including one for adults only
- 24/7 room service and housekeeping available upon request
- Multiple restaurants and lounges from casual buffet to upscale steakhouse
- Selection of international cuisines
- 24/7 room service
- 100,000 square-feet of gaming area
- 62 gaming tables with all the favorite games including daily Poker Tournaments
- VIP room for high rollers
- Secure parking deck with free self-park option
- Large Event Spaces – Indoor and Outdoor
- 13,000 square-foot Spa & Fitness Center
- Convenient location with several attractions within walking distance and easy access to public transport for further destinations
Attractions Near the Excalibur Las Vegas Hotel
- Fountains of Bellagio
- Fashion Show Mall
- The Mob Museum
- Luxor Hotel Casino
- Tropicana Hotel Casino
Covid-19 Precautions at the Excalibur Las Vegas
- Disinfected amenities including all linens sanitized in the high-temperature wash
- Personal protective equipment such as masks required for staff in public areas
- Floors marked for social distancing
- Hand sanitizer available to guests & staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless check-in and out
- Website: https://excalibur.mgmresorts.com/en.html
- Phone: (702)597-7777
- Address: 3850 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109